Nassau County Volleyball Officials - Home Page
Interested in becoming a Certified Volleyball Official?
NVO, Inc. is a board/chapter of NYSCVOA. We conduct
instructional classes, training/rating clinics and administer
written and practical exams to certify both new and veteran
officials. There are minimum standards every official must meet
to remain a member of our association. Only those officials in
good standing are permitted to receive assignments, as required
by our contract with the NYSPHSAA Inc. If interested in becoming
a Certified New York State High School volleyball official in Nassau
County, please contact:
Include your name, address, cell and home #'s, and please list your officiating experience.
- All 5 sets will be played to 20 points, with a cap of 25 points.
- Teams stay on the same side for Sets 1 and 2, then switch sides for Sets 3 and 4.
- In the first 4 sets, the same side will always serve first.
- The winning team must win by 2 points until one team reaches 25 points.
- EACH set will start with the score of 0 - 0, NOT 4 -4
- Teams will only switch sides on the 5th set, if the match is tied 2 - 2. The winner of the coin toss may choose serve, receive or side. The other team may elect whatever the winning coin toss team did not select (serve, receive or side)
- IF a team is trailing on sets won, you will give that team (coach) the choice to serve first. The coach may elect to receive. Teams DO NOT switch sides in this scenario.
- NET HEIGHT: GIRLS' - 7' BOYS' - 7' 4 1/8"
- WARM UP TIME: 6 Minutes Visitors, followed by 6 Minutes Home Team
PLEASE CHECK 2019-2020 MODIFIED RULES LINK UNDER "RULES" FOR FURTHER DETAILS
High School Season begins: 3/1/2021
General Meeting - March 4, 2021 @ 7:00 pm via Zoom
NCAA, NYSPHSAA and the NYSCVOA has suspended RULE 18.104.22.168, the contrasting number rule, for the remainder of the 2019 - 2020 season (see Waiver Update)
Questions regarding official mechanics or an interpretation of a volleyball rule?
Contact: Daniel, the NVO rules interpreter at